Monday, April 4, 2011

How I have succeeded myself...

If you were to see me as I was 2 years ago, you wouldn't recognize me as me. Even though I may be biased, I don't see my former self as someone who really needed maturing. Despite that, I did. Change is inevitable and it effects you. Life never stays the same because it can't. Not only is change a part of existence, it is a part of life that we, as a society, have enforced. Thinking about change, you have to take into consideration that sometimes you need a change. You need it because sometimes, staying in certain situations will kill you. And you can't live like that, now can you?

I was in the same situation for 91% of my life and had I not have taken contorl of the situation, I would still be in the same place. That is one way I have changed. I've taken control of my life and myself. I haven't learned responsibility, I've forced myself into it. I finally realized that what was happening to me was ending me and, even though I had no idea what I was doing, I stopped it. I saved myself. What I did sounds so simple on the surface, but actually going through it, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I left my home. You could ask almost anyone and they would all say the same thing: I took the easy way out. Rather than confronting the problem, I ran from it.

I didn't run. I saved myself.

That's one thing I've done. I've learned to stand up for myself to the extent that keeps me safe. I've learned a sense of self-preservation. I feel that that is the greatest difference between me now and me two years ago. I actually care about myself. I value my life.

Now that my priorities have adjusted, I understand myself and my relationships more thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment